Post by ssstonelover on Apr 24, 2021 3:14:58 GMT -5
Ok, I have gotten full function for the Bass, Mid, and Treble now. I have wired each of those 3 pots directly to the volume pot, not to each other, so any further modification (such as cap value) would be more surgical. Other approaches were tried and will work, but I like compartmentalizing each pot for the reason above. At the end of the day 2 things made the difference. 1. Bass control wiring does not go to ground, but only between the volume and blender (or between volume other tone pots and then blender as alluded to above, and approach i elected to avoid for easy servicing down the road) 2. Mid control now has an appropriate cap value so the cut is not too drastic or even kill all volume
Playing through my real bass amp shows that the wiring is good and the controls work as designed. The cut points seem fine. Be warned that cutting bass "all the way" kills most volume so just move that control a little to 'season' the sound. Cutting all 3 controls kills virtually all volume, so once again, don't overdo things.
For the future, or future builds, I'll look for a C500K anti-log pot for the bass control, as the control currently works in the opposite rotation, compared to the other 2 tone control in terms of 'cut'. However even the small current inconvenience is a small price to pay to try out the bass cut feature.
I also updated Fret's 3 pot 'mother' version (white wire) and the removal of a wire between the treble and bass pots (dark blue in a previous iteration) along with an earlier change in the 300K resistor wiring, to make that fully functional (should be tested just to be sure, but probably ok now)
Post by ssstonelover on Apr 24, 2021 12:39:32 GMT -5
Hi Cindi, Yeah, playing it though my bass amp (no just the tiny guitar practice amp at my solder station) shows some nice sound and some useful tonal range. That's for helping on this (original drawing for bass PTBM). I'll create a new thread for everyone.